LOUISIANA PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION
What is LPHA?
The Louisiana Public Health Association (LPHA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1948 and is an affiliate member of the American Public Health Association.
The mission of LPHA is to promote health in the State of Louisiana. This is accomplished by:
- Fostering acquaintances and mutual understanding among persons interested in public health;
- Supporting and sponsoring movements and policies tending to raise personnel standards, secure adequate income of workers and promote security and tenure;
- Stimulating progressive administration of public health work;
- Assisting in the development of better health facilities in the State;
- Keeping abreast of progress in the field of public health;
- Enhancing the prestige of public health as a career; and
- Sponsoring and promoting Public Health Week in Louisiana.