The Louisiana Public Health Association will annually award at least one scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will make the selection from the applicants based on the following:
- Eligibility: LPHA members or dependents, all section disciplines
- Criteria: Louisiana student in a Louisiana school, LPHA member or dependent, consideration of educational or financial need
- Educational Levels:
- Undergraduates must maintain required grade point average (GPA) and are eligible to reapply for each year of a four year program.
- Graduate (includes doctoral) - university rules apply for GPA and admission criteria.
- Full time is usually considered to be 12 credit hours; part time will be considered as less than 12 credit hours, awards will be prorated accordingly; university definitions will apply for part and full time students.
- Academic Requirements: The course of study must be supportive of a public health related field.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Two personal references - one from an academic advisor and one from a non-related LPHA member
- Must maintain at least a GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point system
- Minimum Graduate Requirements:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) 1000 for the first semester
- GPA 3.0 on a 4-point system
- Minimum Doctoral Level Requirements:
- GRE 1000 or above
- GPA 3.0 on a 4-point system for course work
- Comply with Institutional requirements
The number of scholarships and the amount of money to be in the scholarship(s) will be determined by the Scholarship Committee at the beginning of each fiscal year, based upon the interest earned in the Scholarship fund. If the Scholarship Committee deems that no suitable applicants for scholarships are received in any one year, then the Committee may choose not to award a scholarship that year.
LPHA is accepting applications from members and/or their dependents for the 2017 Scholarship ($1,000) to be presented at the LPHA Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, April 5th during the annual conference. Application forms along with required supporting documentation must be received by the deadline of February 15th, 2017.
If you have any questions, you may e-mail the Scholarship Committee Chair by clicking here.
Scholarship Application Form :
LOUISIANA PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION